Mercer Island Probate Litigation Lawyers
At Scarff Law Firm, PLLC, we have experience representing clients in litigation related to will and trust disputes. We focus on protecting our clients’ interests, while minimizing the emotional and financial impact of a legal dispute. We aim to accomplish objectives through creative thinking and a solution-oriented approach.
Our lawyers provide legal representation for all aspects of probate, including upholding and contesting the validity of a will. If a will contest arises, the court system will examine the validity of the will and the decedent’s property will be distributed based on the court’s decision regarding the will’s validity.
Some of the scenarios that may warrant court intervention include:
- A second will was found, bringing into question the legality of the current document
- The will was drastically changed prior to the decedent’s death
- Questions arise regarding the decedent’s legal competence when executing their will
- Suspicions arise that a family member or gold digger coerced the decedent to change the will
Other causes for probate and trust litigation include:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Claims of entitlement
- Suspicious expenditures from the estate
Probate Experience You Can Count On
Scarff Law Firm has represented clients at all stages of the probate litigation process, from fact finding, to litigation, to appeals.
Contact a Will Contest Attorney — Serving the Redmond Area
From our offices on Mercer Island, Scarff Law Firm represents clients in King County and communities throughout western Washington. Contact our probate litigation attorneys to discuss your legal matters and determine whether Scarff Law Firm can meet your needs.